Lauren Jepson

I was not a theology major, but my theology classes were some of the most thought-provoking and enlightening classes I took while in college. I'm not sure if I'd taken them without the requirement, but I loved them so much that I took a 3rd during my senior year.

The questions and answers introduced by amazing professors that we discussed in class are some of the greatest things I have taken from my college experience, and have so truly made me more thoughtful regarding matters of faith, philosophy, and life.

To take away the requirement would be such an incredible loss for Notre Dame and her students, and it would appear to be a denial of our wonderful Catholic identity. Wrestling with the questions of God and our meaning in life are some of the most crucial questions we will face throughout our lifetime, and Notre Dame must continue placing value on these questions while equipping us to answer them.

No comments:

Post a Comment