Kaitlin Sullivan (Political Science and PPE)

I'm a Class of 2010 graduate in Political Science and PPE (philosophy, politics, and economics). I reflect on my theology courses at Notre Dame more than any of the other courses that I took as a student; they were an integral part of my University education. 

I still remember Msgr. Heintz beginning my Theo 101 course by explaining the difference between theology and religious studies and how important it was that we practiced theology at Notre Dame. We did not treat the study of religion as just another field, like sociology or anthropology, that offers insights about the human experience but has little bearing on personal faith. Being able to practice theology (and philosophy for that matter) is a distinct and important part of the Notre Dame experience. It would be a true loss if it was removed from the core curriculum.

No comments:

Post a Comment