Erin Kimbell (Theology, Education)

I started my freshman year not knowing what major to choose. My dad was really pulling for business, and my mom was more quiet about her opinion. I had a lot of ideas but nothing felt quite right according to the vocation God had planned for me. It wasn't until Introduction to Theology taught by John Cavadini that I felt comfortable declaring Theology as my major. I consider my time at Notre Dame invaluable largely due to the wonderful professors and conversations had within the Theology department. It is what led me to serve in Catholic Schools today as the third grade teacher at St. John the Evangelist in Pensacola, FL. I cannot imagine taking away the opportunity for students to grow in their faith journey at a CATHOLIC institution. Why call yourself a Catholic University if you don't expose *all* students to some form of faith formation? 

No comments:

Post a Comment