Nicholas Lezynski (Business and Theology)

I am a 2011 graduate of Notre Dame with a Business degree and Theology minor.  I want to reinforce how instrumental the theology courses at Notre Dame were in the development of my education, but most importantly, my faith.  Notre Dame is the premier Catholic institution in the world and therefore, should be a beacon of the study and discussion of Theology, especially among the amazing faculty and young bright minds that Notre Dame brings together.  

As a business major, I was exposed to many of the hard number, scientific, black and white courses that come along with my main pursuit of study.  However, it was my introductory Theology courses in my freshman and sophomore years that inspired me to pursue a minor in Theology.  I took a wide variety of courses within the Major, from World Religions to The New Testament Study of Jesus Christ to Axial Religions.  Not only did my knowledge of other religions increase and grow, which is paramount in our ever-changing world today, but my only Catholic faith strengthened through my understanding of its roots, practices and readings.  I would venture to say the same for virtually all of my classmates, some being Catholic, some not.  

How can we even consider letting a Notre Dame go through 4 years without giving a taste of Theology to them?  Our mission statement as a university would be called into question with the elimination of Theology as a requirement.

No comments:

Post a Comment