Jean Henegan (English and History)

My second theology requirement was one of the most amazing experiences of my life. When I was studying abroad in London, I was one of the first three students to intern with a local London parish for my final theo credit. Being immersed within a diverse parish was something a suburbanite like me had never experienced. I was able to visit the elderly parishioners, discussing their lives growing up in London (including hearing harrowing stories of their time in the London Blitz- amazing for someone like me, studying 20th Century History as one of my majors), as well as speaking to a wide array of immigrants about their journey in their Catholic faith.

As a double major in English and History, I wouldn't have sought out theology courses without the requirement, and would have missed out on an amazing opportunity. I still believe my ND theo requirements were crucial in helping me understand the world around me better, and offered me chances I never would have sought out on my own. 

No comments:

Post a Comment